Prodys Quantum MC Overview
Quantum MC is a 1U rack mount IP audio codec extending the Quantum product family.
Quantum MC is a Multi-Channel IP codec for bridging phase-locked 5.1 audio signals over Internet between two such devices. (This is 6 phase-locked mono audios).
Alternatively this product might be used for an efficient low delay bidirectional bridge of 6 voices/audios between two production sites.
Quantum MC fully supports IP (TCP and UDP). This enables remote monitoring/configuring and data/audio transportation over data communications links (LAN, WAN, 3G/4G, Internet…)
This unit can be controlled from its built-in web graphical interface, its front panel display menu, or from the ProdysControlPlus application.
Category: Prodys Products.
Product Function: Portable Audio Codec.
Typical Applications: Portable Audio Codec.
- Available with up to six mono Audio Inputs/Outputs to be encoded and streamed.
- Supports PCM and apt-X for six audio channels comunications.
- Supports Mpeg1/2 LayerII, AAC, apt-X, G711/G722, OPUS and PCM.for mono and stereo communications.
- Dante/AES67 or Ravenna/AES67 to provide an uncompressed digital audio interface in a single Ethernet cable.
- Inherits world-class IP technology from the Prodys Audio/Video codec family:
– Automatic Jitter buffer. This adjustable buffer avoids audio dropouts in the IP connection.
– Automatic synchronization adjustment with the transmitter site rate, to give a constant delay in IP communications.
– Prodys NAT Traversal Streaming Protocol permits router firewall pass-through with zero configuration.
– Prodys Real time Network Analyzer to monitor critical network parameters in real time during the connection.
– FEC (Forward Error Correction). Up to 24 different schemes are available, to fit to the desired delay and available bandwidth.
– Error Concealment mechanisms on Mpeg audio modes are supported to reduce the impact of packet losses.
- 2 x Ethernet interfaces: Either to split streaming and control or for bonding/diversity 2 x IP links.
- User friendly interface via touch panel, built-in Web Server or ProdysControlPlus application.
- User Access Control to define different access restrictions in a per user basis.
- Configuration presets to define different configurations for all or some specific parameters.
- Alarms: Real Time alarms management.
- Serial port to transmit/receive ancillary data along with the audio.
- GPIO port: 7 x inputs/outputs. User configurable with multiple functions such as remote contact closures.
- Local or remotely (TCP/IP) upgrading of one or several units at once using the same utility. Factory software upgrades can be downloaded.
Technical Specification For Quantum MC
|Audio Compression:||PCM (16,20 & 24 bits) (mn, st, 6ch).
Enhanced apt-X™ (mn, st, 6ch).
G722, G711 A/μ Laws (mn).
MPEG 1,2 Layer II (mn, st).
OPUS (mn, st).
MPEG AAC LC, LD, ELD & HE (mn, st).
|LAN:||2 x Ethernet ports for bonding, diversity or splitting control and stream.
10/100/1000BaseTx Ethernet, RJ45 connectors.
TCP/UDP/IP, Multicast & Unicast.
DHCP, SNMP, DNS, SNTP, SMTP, HTTP, IGMP, ICMP, VLAN (optional).
FEC as per RFC 2733.
Prodys NAT Traversal Streaming Protocol.
GPIO and RS232 Ports
|GPIO and RS232 Ports:||7 x General Purpose Inputs/Outputs.
User configurable. Remote contact closures.
1 x serial port (DB9F connector).
Tx and Rx of ancillary data along with the audio.
|Input:||90 – 250VDC [@ 47-65Hz]. Power consumption less than 50W (average ~20W)|
|Quantum MC:||IP Audio Codec|
|Dimensions (Raw):||48.25cm (W) x 29.5cm (D) x 4.3cm (H)(1U)
19” (W) x 11.6” (D) x 1.7” (H)