Iso Top View
What The Press Said:
Resolution, November-December 2008 >
Resolution, September 2009 >
On Air, Winter 2010 >
Radio World, April 2010 >
Radioworld, May 2010 >
Radio, July 2010 >
On Air, July/August 2010 >
Radio Magazine, February/March 2013 >
S2 is a modular broadcast mixer which offers digital audio quality
with analogue reliability in a modular format. S2 has both digital and analogue input channels, together with simultaneous analogue and digital outputs.
Following on from the Sovereign range of audio mixers, S2 combines all the features needed of a radio broadcast mixer in a stylish, flush-mounting chassis : a wide range of input and output channels, PFL/cue, fader-start operation of equipment, automatic monitor muting on mic-live, light controlling remote outputs, optional EQ on input modules, gram amp input options and 2 main audio buses, allowing you to broadcast on the PRG bus while recording on the AUD bus, with bus output selection on each module.
- The S2 chassis is available in 5 module width sections, allowing 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 module width mixers. This means S2 can be used for small newsrooms or large on-air situations.
- Modular “pop-up” input and output channels means that the mixer can be maintained simply and quickly. Hot-swappable input channels can be individually removed and repaired whilst still on-air.
- The angle of the meterbridge can be varied and set for best viewing position.
- Any module can be in any position so that customising the mixer for your own purposes is easy.
- Large back-lit buttons allow you to see the status of the mixer at all times.
- The fitted rear panel hides all cable connections but can be simply unclipped and reclipped for maintenance.
- The modular design of the desk gives you the flexibility to expand it at a later date. You can even add another S2 mixer and link them together with a bus connector cable to allow for split desk configurations.
Back to S2 Contents >
Superb Audio Quality and Unquestionable Reliability
- The S2 uses the latest Crystal semiconductor technology to allow input and output of digital audio signals up to 24 bit, 96kHz sample rate.
- The analogue signal paths use low noise circuitry to provide superb audio performance well capable of satisfying radio listeners worldwide.
- The high reliability and build quality of S2 minimises the chance of failure, avoiding lost air-time. Each module is individually checked twice before being assembled into the finished chassis and the whole unit is tested before shipping.
- ALPS long throw 100mm faders give a smooth, repeatable response and the XLR Neutrik connectors used are an industry standard.
- The use of VCAs controlled by the faders ensures tight stereo tracking and eliminates mechanical and electronic noise.
- S2 has a separate 1U power supply providing regulated, ripple-free power to the mixer. There is also an optional switcher to control 2 power supplies providing redundancy.
- High quality stainless steel is used for the chassis and screws to prevent corrosion in high humidity environments.
- Each channel is metal coated internally to provide exceptional EMC screening.
Back to S2 Contents >