Iso View With Optional Display
Quantum ST and Quantum ST DUO
Quantum ST and Quantum ST DUO Overview
Quantum ST & Quantum ST DUO are powerful new-generation 1U rack mount IP audio codecs that inherits world-class IP technology from the Prodys Ikusnet Video Codec Family and the ProntoNet Audio Codec Family.
Their main application is to receive, decode and store audio streams from remote Quantum Portable units. But Quantum ST is not just a decoder, the DUO version is also capable of encoding two stereo audio channels back to the remote portable Quantum codec or to other Quantum ST codec.
Dante/AES67 or Ravenna/AES67 is available to provide an interface for uncompressed digital audio over a single Ethernet cable replacing all the individual audio inputs and outputs.
This unit can be controlled from its built-in web graphical interface, its front panel display menu, or from the ProdysControlPlus application.
Category: Prodys Products.
Product Function: 1U Rack Mount IP Audio Codec.
Typical Applications: 1U Rack Mount IP Audio Codec.
- Available with One or Two Stereo Audio Inputs/Outputs to be encoded and streamed.
- Analog and Digital (AES/EBU) outputs and inputs.
- Supports Mpeg1/2 LayerII, AAC, apt-X, G711/G722, OPUS and PCM.
- Optional Dante/AES67 or Ravenna/AES67 to provide an uncompressed digital audio interface in a single Ethernet cable.
- Inherits world-class IP technology from the Prodys Audio/Video codec family:
– Automatic Jitter buffer. This adjustable buffer avoids audio dropouts in the IP connection.
– Automatic synchronization adjustment with the transmitter site rate, to give a constant delay in IP communications.
– Prodys NAT Traversal Streaming Protocol permits router firewall pass-through with zero configuration.
– Prodys Real time Network Analyzer to monitor critical network parameters in real time during the connection.
– FEC (Forward Error Correction). Up to 24 different schemes are available, to fit to the desired delay and available bandwidth.
– Error Concealment mechanisms on Mpeg audio modes are supported to reduce the impact of packet losses.
- 2 x Ethernet interfaces: Either to split streaming and control or for bonding/diversity 2 IP links.
- Wi-Fi interface 802.11b/g/n compatible Bonding or diversity with Ethernet.
- IP Compatibility: SIP/SDP/RTP/STUN protocols are supported according to the standard defined by the N/ACIP project within the EBU group.
- User friendly interface via touch panel, built-in Web Server or ProdysControlPlus application.
- User Access Control to define different access restrictions in a per user basis.
- Configuration presets to define different configurations for all or some specific parameters.
- Alarms: Real Time alarms management.
- Serial port to transmit/receive ancillary data along with the audio.
- GPIO port: 7 inputs/outputs. User configurable with multiple functions such as remote contact closures.
- Local or remotely (TCP/IP) upgrading of one or several units at once using the same utility. Factory software upgrades can be downloaded.
Technical Specification For Quantum ST and ST DUO
Audio Inputs /Outputs & Controls
|2 x AES/EBU Stereo Input/Output:||Available with one (XLR connectors) or two (Sub-D connectors for DUO) Input/Outputs.
AES/EBU: EIAJ CP-340 type I/IEC-958 Pro.
Rate Converter: 1:3 to 3:1.
|2 x Analog Stereo Input/Output:||Available with one (XLR connectors) or two (Sub-D connectors for DUO) Input/Outputs.
Maximum level: +22 dBu.
Input Impedance: 20 Kohm.
Output Impedance: 50 ohm.
|Audio Compression:||PCM (16,20 & 24 bits)
G722, G711 A/μ Laws
MPEG 1,2 Layer II
Enhanced and Standard apt-X™
MPEG AAC LC, LD, ELD & HE (optional).
|LAN:||2 x Ethernet ports for bonding, diversity or splitting control and stream.
10/100/1000BaseTx Ethernet, RJ45 connectors.
TCP/UDP/IP, Multicast & Unicast.
DHCP, SNMP, DNS, SNTP, SMTP, HTTP, IGMP, ICMP, VLAN (optional).
SIP/SDP/RTP/STUN comprising Tech 3326 & 3368 EBU N/ACIP standard.
FEC as per RFC 2733.
Prodys NAT Traversal Streaming Protocol.
GPIO and RS232 Ports
|GPIO and RS232 Ports:||7 x General Purpose Inputs/Outputs.
User configurable. Remote contact closures.
1 x serial port (DB9F connector).
Tx and Rx of ancillary data along with the audio.
Power Supply & Battery
|Input:||90 – 250VDC [@ 47-65Hz]. Power consumption less than 50W (average ~20W)|
|Quantum ST:||1U Rack Mount IP Audio Codec, 1 Stereo Audio I/O|
|Quantum ST DUO:||1U Rack Mount IP Audio Codec, 2 stereo Audio I/O|
|Dimensions (Raw):||48.25cm (W) x 29.5cm (D) x 4.3cm (H)(1U)
19” (W) x 11.6” (D) x 1.7” (H)